I hope this message finds you safe and well. Our team has been working very hard since we re-opened on May 18 to continue to provide silver platter service to all of our patients. We know that keeping the mouth healthy can help slow down the inflammatory impact of COVID-19 along with other traditional ailments such as heart disease, diabetes, dementia, erectile dysfunction and certain cancers. We are committed to ensuring we have the best protocols and PPE in place to treat you in the best manner possible. We can’t express our gratitude enough for the understanding and patience you have shown during these uncertain times. I wanted to take this opportunity to keep everyone informed of our progress for our new safety and sterilization protocols. Our main priority is for you to feel safe and protected when you visit us for your dental care. Remember, we have families and children to protect as well once we leave the office.
Here are just a few of the extra measures we have taken for your safety and the safety of the team:
1. Installation of FDA-approved air purifiers throughout the office and treatment suites. This technology actively purifies the air throughout the indoor environment. Most importantly, they kill 99.6% of viruses! When it comes to your safety, we spare no expense.
2.Integration of aerosol-reducing isolation systems for use during hygiene and in each treatment suite. In conjunction with our current suction, we are now able to eliminate airborne dental aerosols by over 90%.
3. Hand sanitizer is available, and there is plenty of soap and water throughout the office. Proper hand hygiene is your first line of defense in protection.
4. New patient screening measures:
- Thorough medical history reviews and updates that you can find on our website. Click here!
- Vitals will now include temperature readings, blood pressure, pulse and oxygen saturation levels with our surgical pulse oximeter.
- Pre-visit COVID-19 screening questionnaire before and on the appointment date that can be found by clicking here.
- Personalized discussion of your medical history and how it correlates to your overall systemic health.
- Importance of oral hygiene as it relates to your overall well-being.
5. In conjunction with our current personal protective equipment (PPE), our clinical team will also be equipped with the following:
- Knee-length or full-body gowns
- Surgical hair caps
- Full face shields
- ASTM level 3 masks or higher (N95 or KN95)
6. We must also limit the number of patients we treat at any given time. Only the patient being treated is allowed in the treatment suites, and only one (1) parent is allowed with minors. Everyone else must wait in the car. We will strictly adhere to the social distancing recommendations set forth for patients.
7. We have also streamlined our check-in and check-out process. You will now be greeted by one of our amazing team members at the door, have vitals taken and then be escorted to the treatment suite. Our plan is to ensure that any payments, consents and financial arrangements are taken care of prior to your visit with us through a very special, secure online portal. No need to get cozy in our reception area. We know your time is valuable, and our goal is to minimize your time in the office.
Here are a few more updates to our COVID-19 office protocols:
1) Call 571-261-2600 when you arrive from your car prior to entering the building to maximize social distancing between patients. You will receive a COVID-19 screening form via text or email.
2) We will collect your temperature and other vitals prior to being brought back for treatment. You will also have to complete a COVID-19 screening form before entering the building.
3) There is a backlog, and we can only see so many patients SAFELY per day. IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM YOUR APPOINTMENT OR SUBMIT YOUR NEW PATIENT FORMS AT LEAST 2 DAYS BEFORE, YOUR APPOINTMENT IS AUTOMATICALLY CANCELED in order to schedule someone else who really wants and needs services. Click here to quickly complete new patient forms. If you have any problems with the forms, please call the office at 571-261-2600 and we can easily text them to you as well.
4) Only one (1) parent/guardian can accompany a child in the room; otherwise, please remain in your car. No other additional people are allowed in the office unless being treated, and this includes other children.
5) Consents for treatment and payments are being sent via text to your phone for a contactless experience (when available).
As always, we are here to answer any questions you may have in regard to the safety measures we will implement. We will continue to update you until our full return. If you are on Facebook, click here to like our page. We’ve posted some amazing content for you, including fun things we’ve been doing and our continued community involvement.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Lowe and Team